COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST
The Upper Minnesota Valley Regional Development Commission in Appleton, MN is looking for an employee to develop and manage projects for local governments in the five-county area. Education and background in community development, transportation planning, urban studies, public administration or related field required.
Primary responsibilities will be in transportation planning and working with MnDOT, cities, and counties with road, bridge, rail, trail planning and funding. Other work areas will be assigned and may include the following areas:
• Safe Routes to School Plans
• Transit Coordination
• Active transportation initiatives
• Park and trail planning and development
• Grant writing
• Community strategic planning
• Capital improvement planning
• Comprehensive planning and plan updates
• Zoning ordinance development
• Broadband planning
Starting salary $44,000. Excellent benefits.
This position will remain open until filled.
Application, job description, agency profile, and instructions for applying can be found online at www.umvrdc.org . EOE